Heads up! Jetpack version 2.2.2 and later include a Pocket sharing button already. You don’t need to use this tutorial unless you’re using a previous version of Jetpack.
I like to use the service Pocket. It’s a great tool in tandem with Google Reader and this IFTTT Recipe.
Both WordPress.com and the Jetpack plugin offer a service for adding sharing buttons to your site. Unfortunately, Pocket is not one of the available services.
There is, however, an option for adding the service on your own.
- First, log in to your WordPress Dashboard (http://yoursite.com/wp-admin) and visit the Sharing page (Settings > Sharing).
- Click on the ‘Add a new service’ link (under the Available Services section).
- In the Service Name box, enter
- In the Sharing URL box, enter
- In the Icon box, enter
- Click the Create Share button.
- Drag the Pocket icon to the ‘Enabled Services’ section
- Save, and you’re done!
@iserotope You should be able to add the Pocket button to your site by following the instructions here: http://t.co/M8Rjzim7P4